$70k-$95k plus average 10-15% bonuses
Parsons CPA is a growing Charlotte-based firm looking for service-oriented, personable, growth-focused team players to service our privately held, small to mid-size business clients. Client contact is encouraged at all levels. You will work in both hands-on and formal training sessions to broaden your technical and professional skills. There is room for advancement in the firm and options to specialize.
Responsibilities will include:
· Interact directly with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise.
· Prepare S-Corporations, Partnerships, C-Corporations, and ultra-high net worth individuals’ U.S. federal and multi-state income tax returns.
· Preparation of property tax returns, sales tax returns, and 1099 forms.
· Assist with tax calculations and reconciliations for book to tax differences, special projects in support of corporate goals, implement process improvements and other objectives as directed by the Executive Team.
· Perform initial technical reviews of staff and intern work
· Prepare reconciliations and analyses for accounts as assigned and support external audits
· Assist in the preparation of the Company's US (federal) quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations and related financial statement disclosures, including computation of book to tax differences, M-1/M-2/M-3, and supporting tasks related to ASC 740
· Contribute to process and technology improvements aimed at streamlining compliance and reporting
· Research tax issues, review legislative developments, and assist in the analysis
· Licensed or Eligible to sit for the CPA exam
· Minimum of 4 tax seasons working with privately held companies
· Motivated to be an advisor to a variety of business clients with varying skill levels
· Travel to assigned client locations in the Charlotte Metro area is required for quarterly meetings.
· Licensed CPA
· Experience with business clients $5-$50+ million in revenue
· Industry knowledge for construction/contractors, real estate, and/or professional services
· Experience with client accounting services, including bank reconciliations, fixed assets, prepaids and accruals, etc.
· Prior experience in training and technical review of staff work
· Seeking opportunities to guide and foster team members towards their technical and career goals