$110k-$150k plus average 8-15% bonuses
Hybrid remote/in-office options available
Parsons CPA is a growing Charlotte-based firm looking for service-oriented, personable, growth-focused team players to service our privately held, small to mid-size business clients. Client contact is encouraged at all levels. You will work in both hands-on and formal training sessions to broaden your technical and professional skills. There is room for advancement in the firm and options to specialize or broaden your skillset.
We are proud to offer top compensation, bonuses, medical, dental, 401(k) match, and a diversified small business environment.
Responsibilities will include:
· Maintain an active relationship with client management and decision-makers to ensure all client service needs are being met with all available offerings.
· Oversee all phases of audit, review, and compilation engagements, including planning, risk assessment, research, reporting of findings, and other procedures as required.
· Coach and direct team members in meeting client and self-development expectations through our mentorship program.
· Apply depth of knowledge of auditing, accounting standards and application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP & GAAS, where applicable).
· Draft and review financial reports (statements, footnotes and any supplemental information) and all other client deliverables.
· Consult clients on the proper accounting for complex activities, including consolidated or combined reporting, non-cash transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and related party reconciliations.
· Identify internal control deficiencies, supervise internal control walk-throughs, and develop comments for management letters.
· Seek to understand the client’s business as a whole, including competitors, trends and key customers and show sensitivity to the client culture and business strategy.
· Manage projects to meet deliverable deadlines, tackle roadblocks, and understand critical milestones to meet client service expectations.
· Provide team with directions, play a key role in execution of attest engagements from planning to wrap-up, and develop procedures to identify risks to ensure that quality standards are achieved.
· Research complex accounting issues, remain current on legislative and authoritative developments, and assist in the analysis of financial statement presentation.
· Assist with special projects in support of corporate goals, implement process improvements and other objectives as directed by the Executive Team.
· Manage and review client accounting service projects year-round to maintain consistent internal reporting and expedite year-end services.
· Contribute to client processes and technology improvements aimed at streamlining compliance and reporting.
· Generate invoices for client services for partner review.
· Start to develop new business relationships with potential clients and company personnel to grow the clientele base and work to foster on-going efforts to obtain additional opportunities for the firm.
· Work as a team with the client manager to coordinate multiple service deliverables and setting timelines for the accounting, attest, and tax compliance as a holistic service provider.
· Active CPA license.
· Minimum of 7 busy seasons of attest engagements with privately held companies.
· Minimum of 2 busy seasons performing technical review of staff work.
· Experience with business clients $5-$50+ million in revenue.
· Industry knowledge for construction/contractors, real estate, and/or professional services.
· Prior use of SMART Practice Aids, Thomson Reuters RIA Checkpoint, and/or PPC Disclosure Library.
· Experience with various versions of QuickBooks Desktop and Online.
· Motivated to be an advisor to a variety of business clients with varying skill levels.
· Seeking opportunities to guide and foster team members towards their technical and career goals.