$55k-$80k plus average 10-15% bonuses
Hybrid in-office/WFH options available
Parsons CPA is a growing Charlotte-based firm looking for service-oriented, personable, growth-focused team players to service our privately held, small to mid-size business clients. Client contact is encouraged at all levels. You will work in both hands-on and formal training sessions to broaden your technical and professional skills. There is room for advancement in the firm and options to specialize or broaden your skillset.
Responsibilities will include:
· Client Accounting Services (“CAS”), which encompasses quarterly or monthly outsourced controllership-type assistance and consulting to clients’ accounting team or office managers.
· Oversee and review all general ledger reconciliations and prepare/review client journal entries.
· Prepare/review fixed asset listings for depreciation and gain/loss on sales.
· Prepare/review the month-end close process.
· Prepare/review and troubleshoot any issues with bank and credit card reconciliations.
· Prepare/review prepaid and accrual schedules.
· Reconcile, review, and post monthly payroll entries.
· Prepare/review annual 1099 forms and annual/quarterly payroll tax returns.
· Prepare/review business personal property tax returns.
· Prepare income tax returns for small businesses and their owners.
· Prepare compiled GAAP and income tax basis financial statements.
· Analyze financial results and make recommendations to client management.
· Work as a team with the client manager to coordinate multiple service deliverables and setting timelines for the accounting, attest, and tax compliance as a holistic service provider.
· Opportunities to focus on an interest area (CAS, audit, tax).
*BUSY SEASON HOURS: 50-60
· Intermediate to Advanced skills with Excel (including pivot and VLOOKUP).
· Experience with various versions of QuickBooks Desktop and Online.
· Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
· Ability to prioritize effectively and meet tight monthly deadlines.
· Strong judgment skills and ability to know when to escalate an issue to the manager or senior on a client account.
· Motivated to be an advisor to a variety of business clients with varying skill levels.
· Licensed CPA or eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
· Knowledge of federal and state payroll tax requirements.
· 2+ years of relevant experience, specifically external client-facing services.
· Experience with business clients $1-$15+ million in revenue.
· Industry knowledge for construction/contractors, real estate, and/or professional services.